Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Self- Belief.



San Antonio Riverwalk

So back in March work took me to San Antonio for a Jewelry Trade Show and sales conference. There were over 1,000 jewelry vendors under one roof with probably over a million dollars worth of inventory - it was amazing! I mean, it's not every day you get to try on diamond rings on every finger on your hand. Oh wait, I actually did that yesterday. We were drooling over 5ct emeralds, sapphires and rubies along with many other gorgeous stones. And that was just day one. 

The rest of the conference was filled with classes and presentations on running a better business, implementing new marketing strategies, hiring the right sales staff, but my favorite one of all was the keynote speaker, Jeffrey Gitomer. He was honest, straightforward, no-bullshit-kind-of-guy! 

He gave some of the best real-world advice about the business environment I've ever heard. Some of the quotes he said that day I still remember (and probably will for a very long time):

"People don't like to be sold, but they love to buy."
"People love to do business with their friends. Be friendly."
"Happiness is a condition of mind."

Let's just take a moment to let those sink in... Feel free to read them over again and again. Hell, even write them down or commit them to memory real quick. 

I started reading Jeffrey's book, and I cannot, for the life of me, put it down. It's that good. It's titled The Little Platinum Book of Cha-Ching. You need it. Buy it NOW! I promise you will have every page dog-eared and highlighted with scribbled notes in every white space of your margins. 

And the chapter about self-belief is a AH-mazing. Seriously, if you don't believe in yourself, who will? This is where I want to take my photography business. Cha-Ching! I can hear the cash register of my budding business ringing right now. That's belief that I WILL be successful!!

Ohmygosh, you guys!! I'm so excited to share my goals with you that I have set for the next few weeks and months, and even where I want to be in a year! Ahhhh! I can't wait to share with y'all!  :)

Comments