Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What do the dentist, Saw (the movie) and wooden teeth all have in common?

Well, if you caught my only tweet for the day yesterday you knew I  had a little dental visit, and a very nervous one at that. I haven't been to the dentist in oh, about five years. No lie. Back in 2007 I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. At the same time! 

That kind of excruciating pain won't let you forget it either. This is exactly how I felt. And I haven't been back since.

So, after filling out insurance paperwork and new patient forms, I ended up in the dental hygienist's chair. We had a little chit chat about my dental history or lack there of it, and then she started getting down to business. 

She took my blood pressure first, and I'm sure she could tell that my heart was just a few seconds away from exploding from my chest. Then she took some X-rays and a 3-D panoramic shot of my teeth and jaw structure. Thank God I'm not claustrophobic. Those panoramic-head-piece-things are absolutely hideous. I felt like I was a part of one of the Saw movies and about to have all my teeth pulled out or my jaw broken in half. Ahhh, I'm shuddering just thinking about it. I hate scary movies!

The hygienist's kept asking if I was OK inside that contraption. I wanted so bad to scream and yell, "Hell NO I'm not OK, do you see what I'm going through right now?" Obviously she did. But, I made sure I wore my big girl panties and toughed it out. 

Needless to say I made it out alive.  

The remainder of my cleaning the hygienist checked on me asking if I was alright, telling me what she was doing and explaining a lot of things to me that I never knew before. Guess she sensed my fears. I couldn't have asked for a better hygienist to go to after skipping out on cleanings for so many years.

I also found out I've been brushing my teeth wrong all my life. Who knew? And now I have to brush my teeth four times a day just to make up for it. Makes me wonder how George Washington lived with his wooded teeth, and if I could pull it off too? ;)

And with that, I leave you with this…





                                                                     Source: thirtyhandmadedays.com via Angie on Pinterest


Happy Hump Day, friends!


Comments

  1. Okay so I have to ask how are you 'supposed' to brush your teeth? I hate the dentist too and I haven't been in like 2 years now. I despise them they gross me out and I hate having other peoples hands crowded into my mouth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...girl...almost EVERY one of my molars are root canals. apparently i have been brushing wrong my whole life too. =(

    xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments - be sure to leave one, I'd love to get to know you! :)